Dublin Fire Brigade Issue Urgent Warning Over Popular Treatment Products
The products carry a fire risk and are only available in Ireland.
A notice released by the Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) has been backed up by Dublin Fire Brigade as it can be a fire risk to the public.
The notice was released on Wednesday night and hopes to raise awareness about the danger posed by some of the head lice treatment products that are only available in Ireland.
The HPRA warn that: "Exposure to a naked flame, any heat source or smoking during use of some head lice treatment products can cause serious injury."
The caution was issued after a number of "serious incidents" took place by people who had used the treatment products.
The HPRA advises that users:
- Read the information provided with the product prior to use.
- Ensure you are aware of all warnings on these products.
- Keep away from naked flames, sources of heat and do not smoke when using these products.
- Pass the notice on to others.
- Report any events or incidents associated with the product.
The warning has been issued for "various manufacturers" of different head lice product treatments in Ireland.