& Other Stories: 12 Things You Need To Know About The New Grafton Street Store That Has Everyone Talking
Whether you're a massive fan or haven't a bobs what everyone's on about, here's what you need to know
Twitter, Facebook and the general Irish populace are freaking out about the arrival of & Other Stories to Grafton Street, which was announced today.
Here’s what you need to know about the super-cool Swedish brand and their impending new Dublin store.
1. & Other Stories is H&M’s cooler, younger sister
The store is one of the Swedish H&M family along with COS, Monki, Weekday and Cheap Monday.
2. Just call it the IKEA of fashion (minus the DIY)
They’ve got that simplistic, paired back look down to a tee. Basically, anything you wear from here will make you look super polished and put together, which is why the fashion pack LOVE it.
3. It’s not just about gorgeous clothing
The beauty and jewellery offering is amazing too. And you’ll want ALL of the bags.
4. Fact: Casually dropping & Other Stories into the conversation instantly ups your cool factor (and may give you notions).
People will ask if you’re studying at NCAD or work in fashion.
5. This is where you'll find the new store
At 26-27 Grafton St “this autumn” – where A|Wear used to be, and where HMV later enjoyed its second life – so we’re expecting a September opening.
6. They're very picky about where they open
Which is why it’s taken them so long to set up shop in Dublin.
They have stores in Aarhus, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin, Bologna, Brussels, Cagnes-sur-Mer, Cologne, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, Ghent, Hamburg, London, Madrid, Malaga, Milan, Munich, New York, Paris, Rome, and Stockholm so far.
7. Not everyone will be happy about this news
This is a brand close to stylish hearts… and they are not going to like the fact that their fave goodies will be shared amongst the wider Dublin population.
8. They've been shipping to Ireland this entire time
Which is why they already have a big fanbase here. If you can’t wait until the opening, you can shop now at stories.com.
9. Their collaborations are the SHIT
They launch a couple of collaborations every year with the coolest bloggers, designers and musicians.
Here’s a video they made in collaboration with Lena Dunham last year.
10. Expect three floors of swag
Accessories, bags, jewellery, beauty, shoes and ready-to-wear will be on sale in the new store – that’s 650 square metres of heavenliness.
11. Sorry boys, it's for ladies only
But feel free to have a snoop inside anyways.
12. And naturally, their Instagram game is strong
A scroll through their feed will tell you everything you need to know about why you need to get on board NOW.