Y'know those shelves of water bottles dotted around Dublin Airport that encourage people to take a bottle and simply drop the €1 into the box? Turns out that a LOT more people are honest about paying than you might think.
Dublin Airport tweeted a photo of their 'honesty box' initiative when one Twitter user asked how many people actually pay the euro...
Apparently a good 92% of people are honest enough to pay for the water - despite it being easy to simply take a bottle and walk away
, Hi Colm, 92% of people pay for Plane Water via the Honesty Box system. We're pretty sure the other 8% will have no luck.
— Dublin Airport (@DublinAirport) January 4, 2018
Well know. Isn't that nice to hear?
We agree with Dublin Airport about the 8% who don't cough up... Bad karma people, bad karma.