PICS: The Fire Brigade Is Battling This Blaze At A House In Stillorgan, After A Gas Meter Burst Into Flames
We did NOT know this was a thing that could happen...
So, this is a thing that can happen.
Dublin Fire Brigade were called out to tackle this blaze off the Old Stillorgan Road, after a gas and electricity meter outside someone's front door burst into flames.
According to their tweets, they contained the fire until ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland were able to show up on the scene.
Here's what it looked like
Units from Dun Laoghaire are attending a fire involving gas and electricity meters at a domestic property off 1/2 pic.twitter.com/qCq8Ga0IuV— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) August 5, 2016
While it's great to see how quickly and professionally this has been dealt with, though, it's a little chilling to know that could even happen to begin with...