This year's Olympics in Rio has gotten everything all aflutter, with Irish athletes doing tremendously, and Irish pride at an all-time high.
But, this has gotten us thinking - what if the Games were held in Dublin?
It'd be quite different altogether. That's for sure.
1. Dustin would perform the opening ceremony
And Irlande Douze Pointe would finally get the recognition it deserves.
2. A cyclist would inevitably ruin their future by cycling into unfinished Luas tracks
RIP their legs.
3. The rent for the Olympic village would be €9282439273 a month
4. The stadiums would be sponsored by doughnut companies
Any one of the current 2000 that have taken over the city.
5. Irish fans would show how great they are by saving one-legged puppies from burning buildings
And teaching blind children to make daisy chains.
6. The queue for Coppers would reach new lengths
We're talking Dublin winning the All-Ireland, multiplied by about 86.
7. Athletes would be handed pints of Gat on arrival
Or craft beer, for the younger, hipper countries.
Sweden, we're looking at you.
8. Sonia O'Sullivan would be transported via Queen's chair for the duration of The Games
And rightfully named as our queen.
9. Everyone without tickets would be somehow allowed into the events
Because someone's cousin's brother's girlfriend's mate would 'sort them out'.
10. Tayto sandwich packs would be handed out in goodie bags
Along with a box of Amber Leaf, a voucher for Dicey's carvery and a bottle of Tipperary Spring.
11. The seagulls of Dublin would pilfer the medals right from the athletes' necks
12. Dublinese would become a world-recognised language
And 'alriiiii luv' would become an international mating call.
13. Rats would win the rowing in the Liffey
14. Racewalking would be held on Grafton Street
Amidst some 40,000 meanderers.
15. Diving would be held at The 40 Foot
And then, and only then, would it make the front pages of the Irish papers.
16. The starting point for every race would be at Clery's clock
17. The Olympic photocalls would be life-changing
Think tricolour bikinis, life-sized Olympic torches, and Michael D.
18. Asian athletes would be introduced to spice bags and 3in1s
And weep with despair for their foodie heritage.
19. And finally, Flat 7 Up would be on tap for the poorly and the injured
The only cure you need.