21 Tunes We All Played On Repeat During Our Emo Phase
No emo. </3
We all had that phase. Don't pretend you didn't.
I mean, if you didn't – then why did you click on this article?
1. Bruised – Jack's Mannequin
Your teenage angst in musical form.
I mean, so were all the songs on this list. But mainly this one.
2. Sugar We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
What can we say? The video spoke to us.
3. I Write Sins Not Tragedies – Panic! At The Disco
It has a creepy intro, an exclamation mark in the band name and a curse word half way through. What more could you want?
4. Misery Business – Paramore
The song you played when you just wanted to RUN AND CRY AND SCREAM AND WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANTED BECAUSE THIS SONG WAS SO GOOD IT'S INSANE.
5. Welcome To The Black Parade – My Chemical Romance
Why weren't you and MCR mates?! You all would have gotten on so well.
6. I Miss You – Blink 182
You knew every word and were born ready for the 'WHERE ARE YOU' part.
7. Dear Maria, Count Me In – All Time Low
Your relationship with the name Maria was forever changed after this song was released.
8. I'm Not Okay – My Chemical Romance
Because this song spoke to you in ways you didn't know songs could.
9. Bring Me To Life – Evanescence
Back when Amy Lee was bae.
10. Perfect – Simple Plan
Because your parents just didn't get that you weren't perfect.
It also helped that they were headbanging on a roof at night and your dream was to headbang on a roof at night.
11. It Ends Tonight – All American Rejects
12. Welcome To My Life – Simple Plan
Because no one did know what it was like to be like you.
13. Lifestyles Of The Rich & Famous – Good Charlotte
It was like life was a riddle and they'd cracked it.
14. Fat Lip – Sum 41
Because heavy metal and mullets was how you were raised.
15. The Offspring – The Kids Aren't Alright
Much more hard-hitting than their most prominent hit, Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
16. Numb – Linkin Park
The first time you really, really screamed to a song.
Like, it kind of hurt. Even more than your middle-class upbringing did.
17. The Reason – Hoobastank
You watched this (through your enormous fringe) 1029374 times.
18. In The Shadows – The Rasmus
A one-hit wonder, but what a one-hit wonder it was.
19. Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life) - Green Day
God bless Billie Joe – he knew pain.
Sung on many the last day of a Gaeltacht course, accompanied by that one guy who went everywhere with a guitar.
20. Stolen – Dashboard Confessional
Generally sung from the windowsill of your room, on a rainy day.
21. And finally, Boston - Augustana
You don't know me. You don't even care, oh yeah.
A fucking heart-wrencher if there ever was one.