A nation of oddities.
That is all we can describe ourselves of – and every week, we see more and more evidence of this.
So for those of you who DO find the beauty in the what seems like the ordinary, we feel you'll enjoy these.
1. This headline from Donegal Now
2. This article on potholes in The Clare Courier
3. Everything about this Guinness World Record, broadcasted by RTÉ
Donegal man Ivan Scott beat the Guinness World Records title for the fastest time to shear a sheep, on the opening episode of Big Week on the Farm on RTÉ One this week.
Sher look it.
4. This 'Scotch Easter Egg' recipe
The stuff of dreams or nightmares? We're not so sure.
Easter in Norn Iron- Scotch Eggs: Cadbury style!
In local butchers-Creme eggs wrapped in sausage meat & bread crumbs pic.twitter.com/PwoQeca9og
— Mary 'Mc' Kelly (@orielgirl1) April 3, 2015
5. This sign in Wexford
6. This wording by The Western People
7. This tweet by @EmerTheScreamer
H&M keeping it local pic.twitter.com/HchtWoPmPW
— Emer McLysaght (@EmerTheScreamer) March 31, 2016
8. This Irish dancing friar from Boston
9. This tweet from Conor McGregor
Apparently, the word 'gaf' confused a lot of people...
I am not at Wrestlemania. I'm in me gaf.
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 3, 2016
10. This timeless piece by The Bradford Exchange
11. And finally, this cocktail menu from The Reg bar in Waterford
Printed on THE PROCLAMATION, no less.