I used to pass YUMO on Aungier Street every day on my way home from work.
And not to sound like a right b*tch, but it just never appealed to me.
I judged a book by its cover and just assumed it would be a total dive based on its exterior - lesson learned, 'cos it's not.
It has very random branding and what looks like stock images of Japanese food on the windows. Not all that appetising to be fair.
You may be wondering what made me finally venture inside... well, it was actually YOU guys - our readers.
I wrote an article on my favourite bowls of ramen in Dublin - and 99% of the comments were giving out that I hadn't included YUMO.
So, naturally, I knew I was missing out on something major.
I've tried ramen all over the world - and can say that YUMO is one of the best on offer in Dublin right now.
The best thing about YUMO has to be their 'build your own' ramen option. Tailor it to your exact cravings.
- Soup broth base - choose between creamy tonkotsu, chicken, shoyu, miso or some veggie options
- Noodles - ramen, udon, rice, egg, zero calorie
- Protein - chicken teriyaki, pork chashu, seafood, tempura, duck, tofu
- Extras - bamboo shoots, kimchi, bean sprouts, sweet corn, black fungus, enoki mushrooms, egg, pickled ginger, shiitake mushrooms, spring onion
- Garnishes/toppings - chilli powder, sesame seeds, coriandor, onion crunch
You can also choose your spice level. And boy, can they make it spicy...
The prices are super reasonable, starting at around €8 and increasing with whatever you wanna add.
And don't even get us started on their gyoza/dumplings.
If you like Japanese food, then there is no way you won't love YUMO.
Check them out at 34 Aungier Street, Dublin 2.