Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

This pharmacy has launched a ‘gift-giving with a conscience’ initiative ahead of Christmas

By Sarah Finnan

December 13, 2019 at 3:56pm

Share:

Concern for the country’s homeless population is at an all-time high at the moment, with people looking to help out however they can.

Meagher’s Pharmacy has jumped aboard the bandwagon too making it easier for people to get their Christmas buying done all while supporting a very worthy cause.

Launching the jewellery brand, The Giving Keys, 40 per cent of profits will go straight to The Peter McVerry Trust.

Founded in the USA, it’s an innovative social-based business whose core values align with the pertinent issue of homelessness.

Providing full-time employment at living-wage to people transitioning out of homelessness, the stock is created by people who have spent time on the streets. Proceeds then go to aiding homeless communities. So, it is very much a circular process.

Each piece of jewellery is stamped with an inspirational word such as ‘believe’, ‘hope’ or ‘strength’, encouraging wearers to pay the message forward as they go about their day.

Continually on the lookout for innovative ways to fundraise, Meagher’s has teamed up with The Peter McVerry Trust ahead of the festive season.

Speaking on the Meaghers Pharmacy MD Oonagh O’Hagan said:

“We are delighted to be working alongside Peter McVerry Trust for another year and we feel that The Giving Keys is the perfect vehicle to fundraise for our chosen charity whilst increasing awareness around the homeless crisis in Ireland and inspiring people with pieces of jewellery full of sentiment at an attainable price point”.

View this post on Instagram

We are absolutely delighted to announce our new initiative to raise funds for @pmvtrust and to help support the transition of more people who have fallen into homelessness here in Ireland out the other side and give them a fresh start in life. Massive thanks must go to @keilidhmua who is championing our campaign and the launch of @thegivingkeys here at @meagherspharmacy. 🚀 🚀🚀 @thegivingkeys provides full time employment at living-wage to people transitioning out of homelessness in the city of Los Angeles. With each job they offer benefits, paid time-off for housing, education, case management appointments, and a supportive environment that cares for the whole person. ♥️ Those employed at @thegivingkeys make these beautiful pieces of jewellery which are reused and had a previous life. Each piece has an inspirational word of meaning stamped on them. ♥️. A word that matters to those who work @thegivingkeys . ♥️ The idea is to purchase a key that has a meaning to you or for your loved one. Strength, Dream , Hope , Believe - these words serve as reminders of how to face each day. ☺️ As a Pay It Forward company, The Giving Keys encourages you to wear & embrace your word, then give it away to a person who needs the message more than you 🥰 We love this concept & it aligns perfectly to who we are as a company here at Meaghers and we could not find a better fit to help support our own mission and to continue our support of the fantastic work @pmvtrust do here in Ireland 🇮🇪 We will be donating 40% of all profits of @thegivingkeys directly to @pmvtrust with the remaining 60% being reinvested in purchasing more Giving Keys products to sell and to continue to raise even more funds for Peter McVerry Trust into 2020 and beyond. ☺️ If you are looking for a gift of meaning for someone this Christmas we could not think of a better one than @thegivingkeys 🔑🎁 It’s quite simply the gift that gives back!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻 We hope you like them as much as we do and look forward to seeing you wearing your keys 🔑 and spreading the love 🥰🥰 Available in all of our nine pharmacies and online now at Meagherspharmacy.ie Link in Bio 🚀🚀

A post shared by Meaghers Pharmacy (@meagherspharmacy) on

Promoting the idea of ‘gift-giving with a conscience’, it’s a great way to show someone you care while supporting local charitable efforts at the same time.

Starting at €25, The Giving Keys are available in-store or online.

 

READ NEXT: Rain dampens Dublin sleep-out but here’s how you can still help

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.