Dublin has become one of the first cities to offer Trips on the Airbnb platform. This means that Airbnb guests will have the opportunity to be hosted by locals, while also sharing their interests, hobbies and passions with one another in a new city.
Announcing this news on Saturday was Airbnb’s Chief Marketing Officer Jonathan Mildenhall at Oscailte, explaining just how Dublin Experiences will be offering a chance for people to enjoy a different side of the city, and for locals to share their passions and interests with Irish and international visitors alike.
Visitors and locals can choose from over 20 Dublin-based Experiences, bookable through the Trips platform and designed and led by local experts. Highlights include exploring Dublin’s historic neighbourhoods, learning how to brew artisanal beer and trawling through the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin.
Airbnb CMO, Jonathan Mildenhall had this to say about the new venture:
“We want to make travel magical again by immersing curious visitors in local communities and offering them the opportunity to see the true character of a city through the eyes of the people who live there. Experiences are also a great way for locals to meet new people, learn a new skill or see their own cities with a fresh pair of eyes.”
In Dublin, the Experiences you can book (which start at €23 per person) cover most popular passion points across music, art, nightlife, food and outdoors:
- The Liberties By Day: Explore Dublin’s historic neighbourhoods and hidden gems, and sample artisan products from cookie companies, freshly baked breads and the most delicious sausage rolls in Dublin
- An Untold Story: Join the ultimate walking tour of historic queer Dublin hosted by an activist and historian, as he explores the social-cultural and political life of LGBTQ Dublin
- Exploring Costume: Get a unique behind the scenes perspective on the workings of the Abbey Theatre costume department. After a backstage adventure, you’ll gain unprecedented access from the Head of Costume, who will talk you through her costume design process, allowing you unique access to sketchbooks, costume fitting pictures and the finished product
- Food Styling Workshop: Step inside a food styling workshop where you’ll learn to shoot from the best angles with light and shadow tips from a renowned international food stylist who has worked with some of the biggest names in the Irish food scene
- Folk Songs in Dublin: Gain insider access into the Dublin folk scene and local music pubs with a local musician
Keen to know more?
Of course you are.
For more information on Experiences, check out their website right here.
You'll be glad you did it...