Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

Another Close Call Following Warning About Phone Chargers

By clodagh

May 17, 2017 at 9:16am

Share:

Dublin Fire Brigade issued a warning yesterday about the dangers of leaving phones plugged in when charging

And there's been yet another dangerous and close call.

This comes after several serious fires that have been caused by phone chargers being left in during recent times. 

The chargers were not known to be faulty but still caused serious damage.

Last night, Mick McLoughlin had a close call with his charger, except his case was different - his phone wasn't even plugged in. 

His charger was plugged in to the wall, but no phone was charging.

The damage done is clearly evident, and it's lucky no one was hurt. 

The phone charger was left on the pillow and managed to burn a hole straight through it - a very scary sight.

No more leaving phones, or chargers, plugged in unattended for us.  

READ NEXT: It's Gorge Out There Right Now - But Not For Long...

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.