Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

Warning Issued Over Risk From Phone Chargers Following 'Lucky Escape'

By mariemadden

May 16, 2017 at 9:20am

Share:

Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a renewed warning over the risk associated with mobile phone chargers.

The organisation took to Twitter this week to share an image of a burnt-out charger, revealing that the owner of the device had a "lucky escape".

It warned that the public should always use genuine cables when charging their phones, rather than cheaper alternatives.

The warning comes just weeks after the death of lecturer Grace McDermott, who perished in a fire in Limerick.

It is believed that the blaze was started by an electrical fault related to a mobile phone charger.

The National Standards Authority of Ireland has advised consumers to ensure their electrical appliances display the CE mark, which shows they are compliant with EU safety regulations, and to avoid leaving any electrical appliance on a bed when plugged into a socket.

READ NEXT: You Can Now Rent This Iconic And Intriguing Embassy House In Dublin

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.