Dublin Fire Brigade has issued a warning after attending a washing machine fire in the capital yesterday.
"Occasionally washing machines/dryers/dishwashers develop faults," they wrote on Twitter.
"Avoid turning them on and leaving the house or going to bed. A smoke alarm should give you an early warning if things are going wrong."
Just last week the emergency service issued a warning about placing toys near sources of heat - specifically Elf on the Shelf.
Close one for this #ElfOnAShelf after she ended up on a lamp. The householder had done the right thing & purchased one with a CE mark. The Elf resisted heat for 40 minutes. Keep all decorations away from heat pic.twitter.com/t7R3GrQIyD
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) December 12, 2017