Search icon


02nd Jul 2017

Dublin Fire Brigade Issues Safety Warning To Homeowners


Dublin Fire Brigade have released warning images that all homeowners should take note of in regards to fire safety.

A Dublin resident had a lucky escape after smelling smoke and getting help – it turned out it was a plug socked which was the source of the fire.

Apparently cracks on the front plastic of the socket are a sign of heat building up due to bad connections in the wires.

DFB said:

“A resident smelt smoke & got help. The socket was the source. Cracking on the front can be a sign of heat building up due to bad connections.”

Screen Shot 2017 07 02 At 10 37 58

BRB we’re gonna go check all our sockets now…

READ NEXT: These Are The 10 Most Clamped Streets In Dublin