Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

Inquest Hears That Dublin School Boy Died After McDonald’s 'Peri Peri Chicken Wrap' And Suffered A Fatal Allergic Reaction

By Darragh Berry

July 26, 2018 at 11:17am

Share:

A ten-year-old Dublin schoolboy who died after eating a McDonald's Peri Peri Chicken Wrap was found to have a passed away after a fatal allergic reaction.

An inquest heard on Thursday that ten minutes after eating the wrap, the boy's face and lips began to swell up and was pronounced dead in hospital later that day.

The Irish Sun say that the wrap came from the Ilac Centre outlet on October 7 2016 but that "it was a normal order with no query about ingredients" despite the boy being advised to avoid milk, eggs, fish and nuts as a child.

His mother told the inquest that: “He ate the whole wrap. Within ten minutes he began to feel ill. He asked to go to the toilet. In the toilets he said ‘Mam I’m feeling weak, I can’t walk’.”

A pathologist said that the cause of death was an acute anaphylactic shock and it was found that the Peri Peri chicken wrap contained milk, one of the substances that the boy had been advised to avoid as a child by doctors.

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.