Convicted criminal John Gilligan has posted a bizarre rant on Facebook after being declined Jobseeker's Allowance.
According to the Irish Independent , Gilligan and his family lost a long legal battle in March to hold onto their homes. They will now be either sold or leased by the Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) and they have until next Tuesday to leave the properties.
Gilligan has now taken to the social network to share pictures of correspondence from CAB in which his reasons for applying for the allowance are:
1. He was skint and that is why he was making the claims now.
2. He stayed with his son Darren in Corduff upon his release from prison.
3. He thought he'd get money from different people when he got out of prison as he was 'like the Vincent De Paul' before he went in. He thought their would be a 'whip around' for him and there wasn't.
4. He went to England after he was shot at his brother's house in March 2014. He stayed in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London and was helped out by different people. He refused to say who these people were and said he wasn't a rat.
5. He said he never got any money and if he had €500 in his pocket now he would not be claiming social welfare.
6. He was legally separated from his spouse Geraldine but they were still good friends and he often visited her in Enfield.
The full post can be read below.
Gilligan has become quite fond of Facebook in recent times and often posts things varying from bizarre riddles to photoshopped images of crime writers Nicola Tallant and Paul Williams.
(header pic: John Gilligan on Facebook)