Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

  • Home /

  • Pics /

  • PICS: A Fire Started By A Dog Caused Damage To This Dublin Home

PICS: A Fire Started By A Dog Caused Damage To This Dublin Home

By James Fenton

September 5, 2018 at 4:14pm

Share:

Let's be honest, we've all left our laptops on charge or the radio plugged in while we nip out for a bit.

While nothing usually happens, that doesn't mean it won't and it seems the risk is increased if you have a pet running around the place.

Dublin Fire Brigade have posted images on Twitter this afternoon which depict the result of an incident in a house in which a dog knocked over an electrical fan which eventually overheated and set fire to a seat.

The accompanying caption reads:

'A stark reminder why we ask you to unplug appliances when you leave the house or go to bed. An electrical fan was knocked over by the family dog which overheated and set fire to the seat. A closed door and working smoke alarm gave the family time to escape.'

Screen Shot 2018 09 05 At 17 02 40
Screen Shot 2018 09 05 At 17 03 26
Screen Shot 2018 09 05 At 17 04 15

Let that be a warning to all of us, particularly those with pets.

READ NEXT: The IRFU Has Confirmed Two World Cup Warm-Up Games For The Aviva Stadium Next Year


Share:

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Get the best of your city straight to your inbox.

I'd like to receive news and exclusive offers from Lovin Dublin including competitions, products, commercial partners and activities. By submitting this form you agree to our T&Cs and our privacy policy