6 Things You Need To Know If You're Going To BeatYard This Weekend
You know what's just splendid?
There'll be a whole lot of fun descending on Dún Laoghaire Harbour this weekend in the form of BeatYard festival AND we'll have a full bank holiday on Monday to recover from the festivities.
So here's all the info you could ever possibly need for the weekend ahead...
1. Important times
- Sat 30 & Sun 31 July (Bank Holiday Weekend)
- Gates open 12pm
- Bars close at 10pm
- Event finishes at 10.30pm
2. Getting there
- DART: Dun Laoghaire station is right opposite the site. Take the DART Southbound from City Centre and Northbound from Greystones/Bray.
- Bus 46A, 7 & 8 all serve Dun Laoghaire form City Centre, 75 from Rathfarnham. The terminus is right opposite the site.
- Taxi: Rank is located on Marine Road
In the wise words of Caribou: sun, sun, sun, sun, sunnnnnnn.
(With the odd shower, so bring some sunnies and a raincoat and you'll be sorted!)
4. Must-see acts
Saturday: Boney M, Tensnake, Lee Scratch Perry, Daniel Wang, Theo Parrish
Sunday: DJ Rahaan, George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic, This Greedy Pig, Roy Ayers, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires
5. Here's what the site layout looks like
6. Make sure you...
- Check out the 60-foot inflatable shark
- Head along to the Banter with Blindboy Boatclub at 5.30pm Saturday
- Grab a burger from the Box Burger crew
- Visit the Exploration Dome
- Grab some treats from the Dublin Doughnut Co.
- Get a sales masterclass from Mattress Mick at Banter, 5pm Sunday
Let's do this!
Sponsored By The Beatyard
Everything that's good and great in the world of food, drink, tech, science, music, games, sports, arts, design & discussion.
With George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic, Boney M, Snarky Puppy, Charles Bradley & His Extraordinaires, Roy Ayers, Lee Scratch Perry, Tensnake, Jape, Theo Parrish, Rubberbandits, DJ Rahaan, Reeps One, Daniel Wang, Stomptown Brass, Imaginosity Kids Museum, Draw with Don Conroy, Exploration Dome, The Just Eatyard - 20 food and drink vendors, Banteryard - discussion, tech, arts, Studioyard - 50 flea market stalls, design, science, games & arts.
The Just Eatyard with 20 food and drink vendors. Banteryard hosting discussion, tech, arts. Studioyard with 50 flea market stalls. Design, science, games, arts.