The ever social media savvy people at Dublin Fire Brigade have just issued a public warning about the dangers of using bike locks on human bodies, following the rescue of a man who accidentally stuck one onto his neck.
DRB shared images of the mishap on their Twitter page, choosing to leave the identity of the trapped victim anonymous.
We helped a person with the release of a lock after a key snapped. Keys can break, even in good quality locks. Something to watch out for pic.twitter.com/iwRitiHcbM
— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) July 12, 2017
The cyclist attempted to remove the lock from their neck, however, it seemed that he did so too aggressively as the key snapped and the lock became stuck to his body.
Emergency services were called and the man was eventually set free.
Don't let it happen to you...