UFC Boss Dana White has spoken at a press conference on Wednesday about Conor McGregor's future in the sport, and also addressed rumours which were circulating on social media on Monday night that Conor was involved in an altercation in a Crumlin pub.
According to MMA Fighting, White said that McGregor had been in a position to fight in UFC 219 before an incident at a Bellator event in Dublin which saw the Irish fighter jump into the cage and confront a referee.
"Listen, we’re still in that, 'Conor might not ever fight again [phase].'"
"Guy’s got a fucking 100 million dollars! You know? I’ve got guys that made less than that, and were lawyers, and went to school their whole life and quit working. Right? When you go to school your whole life to be a lawyer, and you’re a good lawyer, you make a few bucks, and you’re done. The guy is sitting at home every day watching cartoons or whatever he’s doing, I don’t know," said White.
He then moved onto discuss rumours that had been doing the rounds in Ireland about 'a well known Irish sport star' who assaulted a Kinehan gang associate in a South Dublin pub. While McGregor has been linked to the incident on social media, Dana reckons the rumours are false:
"I don't think it's true because if it was true, it would be big. Conor can walk down the street and it's big news now. If this was true, I would just have to believe it was off the charts crazy. If it's true, we'll end up finding out. I can't chase these things around. If it's true, we'll get it figured out and go from there."
Conor McGregor has not fought in the UFC for over a year now and will go the whole of 2017 without having to defend his UFC lightweight belt.