"It's Not That He Was Malicious – He Was Just The Most Careless Man I've Ever Met"
We asked our readers for their most hellish flatsharing stories – and here's what we got
We asked our readers to provide their worst flatsharing stories, for a chance to win a month's rent. Check out Story #11 here – and see below for details on how to vote!
"After living with one of my ex-housemates I thank God that I'm still alive.
"It's not that he was in any way malicious; he was a good guy in fact. It's just that he was the most careless man I have – or most likely anyone has – ever met.
"One day after work I got home and went to bed early for a snooze. After about two hours I woke up with a pounding headache, so much so that when I stood up I began to stagger. I went downstairs and what I found was truly remarkable.
Iif I didn't wake up when I did, perhaps we wouldn't have woken up at all...
"You see, my roommate never really got the hang of using the apartment utilities. As he sat on the couch in his underwear drifting away into the land of nod beside the kitchen, he didn't realise when he put his pizza in the oven and turned on the gas that he had to actually light it.
"Gas was just spewing out! Thankfully no harm was done and neither of us smoke – but to this day I still think that if I didn't wake up when I did, perhaps we wouldn't have woken up at all.
Vote for this story
We want this to be about the best story, and not just the best social media campaign for votes – so the winning entry will be decided by a combination of:
- How many times each story is shared on Facebook and Twitter
- How many votes each story receives in the form here
So share this story on Facebook or Twitter, then click on the link to vote!