2016 has taken a weird turn for us all.
Between weird world news, munchie boxes ruling the roost and adult scooting, we've all sort of lost the plot a bit. We've rounded up the best, worst and weirdest happenings that have made Dublin what it is today - a total and utter mindfuck.
1. The 101733% increase in people scooting to work
2. Rattatas are guarding St. James' Gate
— Seán Connolly (@TheSonicScrew) July 6, 2016
3. Shaggy, yes the real Shaggy, played in Toners
But, how could we be sure? Maybe it wasn't him.
4. You can now get every one of your childhood treats in smoothie, doughnut or cocktail form
Twister cocktail... Anyone?
5. And all of your childhood sweethearts have teamed up as one
All in the name of cash doll... We mean, music.
6. This is an actual headline
Yep, this actually happened.
7. The city is crumbling all around us
They turned the big early house on the quays into a Starbucks!!!! Culture is dead in this city
— Aifric (@aifreckle) August 3, 2016
8. A 'fast food birthday cake' is now a thing
Just for reference, this is made up of six double cheese burgers, four fries, 50 McNuggets, three pizzas, 15 pieces of chicken, a whole load of mash and a healthy serving of gravy.
Horrified or turned on? You decide.
9. Mattress Mick now runs a course in how to be zen
Yes, THIS Mattress Mick.
10. Quinoa vodka is now a thing
11. Ideas like this exist
And people, moreover.
12. Stuff like this is shared on Facebook
13. Ghostbusters have more rights than a few of us
14. The people are finally coming to terms
The Truman Show, dat u?
is Quentin Tarantino directing 2016?
— Matt Oswalt (@MattOswaltVA) July 8, 2016
15. Gluten Free magazines are a thing
16. And finally, this job title is now available
May God have mercy on their souls.
— aoife (@aoiph) August 5, 2016