Ahhh, primary school teachers.
The rearers of our youth, the deciders of school tours, and the literary guides of our young lives. But what if your parent or guardian was a primary school teacher...
Does the teaching ever stop?
Does the fun ever stop?
Do they call them Miss at home too???
Find the answer of these questions and many, many more below.
1. Grammar corrections is a staple factor in your everyday conversation
2. The end-of-year presents for your teacher were ALWAYS whopper
3. Your parents knew your teachers somehow because ALL PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS KNOW EACH OTHER
4. You notice them suddenly buying a load of tea-towels around December
5. Meeting your parent's students outside of school makes you feel awful and weird
''Is my mum nice? Please say she's nice''
6. You've heard ''you'll be better before you get married'' maybe 80,000 times
7. Your packed lunches were organised and frozen for months at a time
8. You were never, ever allowed side schoolbags
Your tiny, frail back couldn't carry it for love nor money.
9. Chalk riddled their clothes, your clothes, your washing, the front door and even the dog
10. They always smelled like either books, Marla, PVA Glue or poster paint
11. Your homework was checked religiously every evening
No wiggle room. None.
12. The one time of the year your parent gave you $$$ for school? The School Book Fair
Practically wetting themselves at the fact that you'd any interest in literature
13. There were at least five Siamsas in your home at any given time
14. They SWORE they knew someone who either swung too far back on their chair and cracked their skull, or had hoop earring related accidents
15. Most, if not all, of your presents in life were books
16. All your books were handed down to bits thanks to aforementioned Teachers Network
17. There would always be someone in your house singing an Alive-O tune
So damn catchy.
18. And finally, there was never a moment where Billy Roll wasn't in your fridge
You swear your dad had grew it in the back garden.