Close

Follow Lovin Dublin

Woman Spends A Night In Hospital After Being Bitten By A Spider Hiding In A Bag Of Grapes

By aidan

December 20, 2016 at 12:10am

Share:

Healthy eating isn't always good for your health, it turns out.

That's the lesson learned by a 21-year-old woman in the US, who reached into a bag of grapes she'd purchased in a supermarket – and ended up in hospital after being bitten by a black widow spider. Thankfully, she was released after just one night in the Vermont Medical Center – but we suspect she may be sticking with apples, bananas or possibly wine from here on in.

A spokesman for Shaws, the supermarket that sold the grapes, told Vermont radio station WPTZ: “The health and safety of products we sell, and our customers, is our first concern,” and added that the company was investigating the incident.

Black widow bites can cause weakness, flu-like symptoms and a whole lot of pain – not to mention the endless nightmares you'd endure having come face-to-face with one of the creepiest of all crawlies.

These things can trap wasps, after all.

WASPS!

Share:

Join the Lovin Dublin Newsletter

* indicates required

Interests

Marketing Permissions

Please select all the ways you would like to hear from Lovin Media Group:

You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website.

We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform. By clicking below to subscribe, you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to Mailchimp for processing. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.