Rathmines is probably one of our favourite parts of Dublin City.
It has just about everything you could ever need.
From a massive Tesco and Dunnes Stores, to Farmer Browns, a cinema, Umi Falafel, a bottle bank (praise the lord), Two Fifty Square coffee and a soon-to-be Fallon and Byrne in the Swan Centre.
And last night we noticed this cute-looking coffee shop under construction just beside Tesco.
It’s called Pot Bellied Pig:
And it looks deadly.
We did a bit of hunting online and found some very exciting info:
- Set to open “early 2017” (yippee!)
- A menu of simple dishes made up of local seasonal produce
- Breakfast, brunch and lunch with a variety of house staples and daily specials
- Although they will not be on the “healthy” spectrum, there will be some healthy alternatives for those into that kinda thang
- They will have high quality drinks options, with coffees changing on a monthly basis
- They hope to “to provide customers with a place where they can come with friends or family and relax in comfort, knowing that they will get a delicious meal every time, from a team of passionate people who aren’t afraid to have a bit of craic along the way”
Sounds like a welcome addition to Rathmines if you ask us.
The place is being designed by Kingston Lafferty Design, and judging by the splash of pink of the roof and by some things we’ve seen on social media — it’s gonna be a beaut.
And there’s gonna be an outside area <3 SO dreamy.