19 Things That Could Only Happen In Irish Politics
Only in Ireland...
Irish politics has boasted a rollercoaster ride in recent years, with bratty politicians, rioting workers and wildly unorthodox posters.
Trust us, they're even more bizarre than you'd imagine.
Read 'em and weep...
1. This genuine election poster
2. This truly harrowing campaign video
3. A senator raising a debate about fraping
A pressing modern issue.
4. This homage to the X Factor
5. An anti-austerity TD 'dabbing' in The Dáil
6. This poster of Luke Ming Flanagan firing up an enormous spliff
7. An unruly politician refusing to believe that climate change exists
8. This absolutely maddening Progressive Democrats poster
9. A riot kicking off in the chamber due to someone dressing in a jumper
10. A politician challenging a minister to drink a glass of piss
11. A TD screaming 'Fuck you' to a deputy, while at work
13. These genuine promises for the youth of the country
14. A prospective party member inviting all of her voters 'round for tea
15. Everything about this masterpiece
16. A senator making animal noises in The Dáil
17. A trad sesh kicking off outside The Dáil
Willie Penrose is launching a bill to get more Irish music on the radio pic.twitter.com/Icsr9OfBLg— Aoife Barry (@sweetoblivion26) September 28, 2016
18. A TD leaving their big important speech on the floor of the bathroom
Read the full story here.
19. And finally, a teenager telling Joan Burton to shove her water bill 'up her fiscal space'
Yep, that actually happened.