Just in time for the weekend news reaches us that there is an official winner for the best cocktail in Dublin. It was selected as part of the Dublin Cocktail week which took part last week around the city with some of the top venues taking part. I'd have presumed that 777, VCC or Kinara would have won a competition like this but the winner actually came from the restaurant Diep. It is called a Golden Brown which sounds like something you might do the morning after a cocktail but is infact a stunning drink made with Teeling Whiskey and perfectly set up for the weather we are hitting at the moment. Not only can you pop in and have one in Diep but the guys have been kind enough to share their recipe so as you can make it at home. So there you have it by popular vote the Golden Brown is officially the best cocktail in Dublin. Go check it out and see the recipe below….
This will make 5 cocktails
- 250ml Teeling Small Batch
- 37.5ml Pear Cognac
- 87.5ml Cinnamon & Clove syrup -
- Almond foam
Syrup ingredients for 5 cocktails
- 100g brown sugar
- 100ml water
- 1 sticks cinnamon
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- pinch of salt
Foam ingredients which will make foam for many cocktails.
- Almond milk - one cup
- Lemon juice - 1/2 cup
- Disaronno - 2 shots
- Water - 50 mls
- 1 sheet of Gelatin
- First make the foam. Use almond milk, lemon juice, disaronno with one gelatin sheet.
- Add to an ISi 1 litre or half litre cream whipper, charge twice, shake well and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- Stir Teelings whiskey with xante pear cognac and the syrup for 60 seconds.
- Fill a martini glass 1/3 full with the foam.
- Strain the liquid in and it will go underneath as the foam will naturally rise to the top.
- Garnish with caramelised pear.
- Enjoy !