There's going to be a lot of heavy nights out over the next few weeks as the festivities begin. It goes without saying that cooking at home will be a major no-no, especially after the big operation to make dinner on Christmas Day.
Takeaways are our weekend (and sometimes when we're very lazy, weekday) friend but more often than not, trying to find what to order can be the biggest delay of the whole process.
Deliveroo recently named its top 100 dishes ordered in 2017 from around the world and Dublin has five foods in the top 100 list.
Ireland has eight takeaway dishes in the top 100 in total with two establishments in Cork and one in Belfast making up the list of Irish contenders.
Two of the eight finish in the top ten and not surprisingly, they are both food that come from Boojum.
2. Burrito, Boojum in Dublin, Ireland
6. Boojum’s Twojum, Boojum in Belfast, UK
77. Black Bean Chicken from Ramen in Cork
78. Teriyaki Donburi from Wagamama in Dublin
84. Steak and Cheese Sub from Subway in Dublin
92. Chicken Tenders from Rocket's in Dublin
94. Parma Pizza from Pompeii Pizza in Cork
97. Fresh North Atlantic Cod from Beshoff Bros in Dublin
The most ordered food in the world was an old reliable cheeseburger from Big Fernand’s Les Fernandines in Lille and third place was the same but from Five Guys’ in London.
You can click here to check out the top 100 list in total.