The only thing we love more than wine is discounted wine.
When it comes to wine, our attitude is sometimes along the lines of ‘the cheaper the better’, depending on how far away pay day is.
Gotta be thrifty, yano? No judgement.
Thankfully for us bargain-hunters, Aldi is having an enormous wine sale because they just know the kind of week we are having.
Appropriately crowned The Wine Lover’s Sale, it’s all kicking off tomorrow, Thursday, August 3 in all of Aldi’s 129 nationwide stores.
Here’s what’s on the wine list, dahhhling:
- Goldeck Sparkling Grüner Veltliner (Austria) 75cl €14.99
- Gardo & Morris Sparkling Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand) 75cl €19.99
- Pata Negra Vintage Cava (Spain) 75cl €11.99
- Louisvale Cap Classique Sparkling Chardonnay (South Africa) 75cl €17.99
- Fork & Spoon Sparkling Shiraz (Australia) 75cl €12.99
- Lebegés Grüner Veltliner (Hungary) 2016 75cl €6.99
- Fleurs de Prairie Côtes de Provence Rosé 2016 (France) 75cl €9.99
- The Forgotten Row Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc 2016 (New Zealand) 75cl €9.99
- Nonius Chardonnay Feteasca 2016 (Romania) 75cl €7.99
- Painted Dog Chenin Blanc Viognier 2017 (South Africa) 75cl €9.99
- Peter Mertes Gold Edition Mosel Riesling (Germany) 75cl €7.99
- Grand Sud Merlot 2016 (France) 1L €8.99
- Black Star 2016 (Germany) 75cl €9.99
- Graspa Rossa Lambrusco (Italy) 75cl €12.99
- UVA Pirata Petit Verdot 2016 (Spain) 75cl €11.99
- El Casetero Old Vines Garnacha 2014 (Spain) 75cl €9.99
- Exquisite Collection Hawke’s Bay Merlot Blend (New Zealand) 75cl €9.99
- Fourth Dimension Adelaide Hill Pinot Noir 2016 (Australia) 75cl €10.99
- Valle Hermoso Cabernet Franc Gran Reserva 2015 (Chile) 75cl €9.99
- Punta de Lobos Carménère Gran Reserva 2015 (Chile) 75cl €9.99
- Amigo Secreto Organic Syrah-Carignan 2016 (Chile) 75cl €9.99
- Berton Vineyard Durif 2016 (Australia) 75cl €9.99
- The Restless Wine Merchant Wrattonbully Shiraz 2016 (Australia) 75cl €10.99
“When we were putting together our ‘Wine Lover’sSale’ we saw an opportunity to introduce some exciting and less well-known bottles of wine for shoppers to try something new. We’ve included some delicious sparkling alternatives from around the globe, which shoppers can trust to represent fantastic quality and great value.”
Finbar McCarthy, Group Buying Director, Aldi Ireland
Even Tom Doorley approves…
His faves include the Painted Dog Chenin Blanc Viognier 2017: “Dry, fresh, fabulous”, Goldeck Sparkling Grüner Veltliner: “exuberant, dry, elegant”, Graspa Rossa Lambrusco: “A real discovery”, UVA Pirata Petit Verdot 2016: “a meaty wine par excellence” and El Casetero Old Vines Garnacha 2014: “lovely complexity”.
— Tom Doorley (@tomdoorley) August 2, 2017
While stocks last, obv. See you in the queue.