- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sour cream
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (about a half cup)
- 1 can whole or crushed tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted, (or 1-2 large fresh vine-ripened tomatoes, when in season)
- 1/2 can diced green Anaheim chiles
- Chipotle chili powder, adobo sauce, or ground cumin to taste (optional)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
The weekend, for us, is all about two things.... a lie-in and a yummy brunch.
While it may be nice to have someone else do all the cooking, it does require putting in some effort and parting ways with your beloved pyjamas.
Why not try these delish Mexican Eggs instead? They are super quick to prepare and the recipe is completely foolproof - even for the poor hungover souls amongst you.
Slice up your onion and your chilli pepper finely.
Add some olive oil to the pan and place it on the heat. Introduce the chilli powder, tomatoes and a pinch of salt to the mix and allow the mixture to reduce and thicken.
Heat another frying pan with some olive oil. Add your flour wrap and brown on both sides.
Crack your eggs in a pan and fry for a few minutes, making sure to keep the yokes soft.
Place the wrap on a plate and top with the eggs. Layer on some of the tomato mix and top with some sour cream.
Voila! A restaurant-worthy brunch in no time.
Sponsored By Avonmore
Add a splash of magic with Avonmore.