You don't have to eat out in order to enjoy a quality brunch, you know, you just need the right recipe.
Last weekend we teamed up with Coca-Cola Zero Sugar to give you a brunch to remember at Fade Street Social for the Lovin Zero Brunch, but this weekend we want you to have an equally delicious brunch in the comfort of your own home.
We're nice like that.
That's why we've assembled these three simple recipes for you to choose from — now go forth and feast!
Avocado Eggs On Toast
- 3 eggs
- Brown bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon
- Cherry tomatoes
1. Chop the tips off the avocado so that it balances on the chopping board. Run your knife around the outside removing the skin.
2. Cut the avocado into even big chunks and season it up with some salt and black pepper in a small bowl.
3. Lash in the juice of a lemon and stir it all up before setting it to one side.
4. Pour oil into a large pan on a medium heat.
5. Toss in tomatoes still on the vine.
6. Slice up the bread — it's up to you if you want to toast it or not.
7. Crack three eggs into a bowl.
8. Throw on a bit of salt and pepper, stir them up with a fork.
9. When the tomatoes start to get soft, whip them off the heat. Let them cool down and place them onto the plate.
10. Using the same pan on a medium heat, lash in the eggs. You'll want to start stirring them immediately and give them about a minute to cook before taking them off the heat.
11. Plate it up with the tomatoes and the bread on the plate first and place the eggs on top with a big scoop of the avocado.
Homemade Baked Beans
- 1 tin organic cannellini beans
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 4 slices bread
- A dash of oil
1. Add the oil, onion and garlic to a saucepan. Sauté until lightly browned.
2. Once sautéed, add the tin of plum tomatoes and tomato puree, letting them simmer for about three minutes. While you're waiting you can pop your bread into the toaster.
3. Add the cashew butter and season to taste with salt and pepper before placing your beans on on your toast. And that's it!
Bacon Stuffed Cheesy Potatoes With Guac & Scrambled Eggs
- Large potato
- Emmenthal cheese
1. Start by placing the potato into the microwave (for about 10 minutes) or an oven at 180 degrees (for about an hour).
2. Roughly chop the avocado and chilli then squeezing lemon juice on top before adding salt and pepper.
3. When the baked potato is soft in the middle, cut it in half and scoop into a bowl.
4. Chop up the bacon and add it into the bowl before grating cheese and adding chopped chives into the mixture.
5. Pop the mixture back into the potato skins and grate a little more cheese on top before popping the potato skins under a hot grill.
6. Scramble the eggs with a little salt, pepper and chives added at the end.
7. Once the potato skins and eggs are ready, throw it all together on one tasty plate.
Give one of these simple recipes a lash this weekend — we promise you won't regret it.