What happens when some of Ireland’s rising music stars reimagine and infuse their own style into two of the most memorable movie soundtracks ever produced? The Smithwick’s Soundtrack Series, that's what.
Irish acts BARQ and Le Galaxie have teamed up with the ale brewers to perform a special series of gigs showcasing their unique takes on the soundtracks of the iconic films Pulp Fiction and Apocalypse Now.
We think music and movie fans will agree, it’s a rather intriguing proposition…
An event many months in the making, Smithwick’s Soundtrack Series tour is kicking off this October, with the bands bringing their show to some of Ireland’s favourite music venues in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, Limerick and Sligo.
Here are the full gig dates for the series:
- Le Galaxie at Whelan's Dublin performing Apocalypse Now — Friday, October 13
- BARQ at Dolan's Limerick performing Pulp Fiction — Tuesday, October 17
- BARQ at Opium Rooms Dublin performing Pulp Fiction — Thursday, November 2
- BARQ at The Fiddler's Creek Sligo performing Pulp Fiction — Friday, November 3
- Le Galaxie at Cyrus Avenue Cork performing Apocalypse Now — Friday, November 10
- Le Galaxie at The Black Box Belfast performing Apocalypse Now — Friday, November 24
View this post on Instagram
If you'd like to see what new spin BARQ and Le Galaxie will put on tracks like 'Son Of A Preacher Man', 'Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon' and '(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction', you can pick up your tickets to Smithwick’s Soundtrack Series for €15 HERE.
Will you be attending one of these gigs? Let us know in the comments.
Drink responsibly. Visit www.drinkaware.ie
Strictly over 18s