O'Briens Wine is back with yet another amazing sale. And this time, loads of great-tasting Irish whiskeys are selling at reduced prices. So, we decided to highlight five of those and tell you how to perfectly serve them.
€25.00 down from €30.00 (Save €17%)
POWERS Old Fashioned is crafted from a combination of the classic Powers Gold Label Irish Whiskey, sugar syrup and bitter herb flavouring, which results in an amazingly smooth, low-sugar, ready-made classic cocktail.
To perfectly serve this whiskey, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Fill a whiskey tumbler with ice
- Pour cocktail over ice
- Garnish with a twist of orange
€40.00 down from €50.00 (Save €10.00)
Matured in a combination of American oak, sherry casks and double charred bourbon barrels, Jameson Black Barrel is both rich and complex. Every barrel contains secrets... the trick is coaxing them out.
This whiskey can be used to serve up a delicious Jameson Black Barrel Sour (the 19th Century way to make a whiskey sour):
- Gather your ingredients: 50ml of Jameson Black Barrel, 25ml of freshly-squeezed lemon juice, 15ml of sugar syrup and 15ml of egg white.
- Pour ingredients into a cocktail shaker
- Fill with ice and shake well
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish with a cherry and lemon twist
€40 down from €47.50 (save €7.50)
POWERS '3 Swallow' Release is matured primarily in American bourbon barrels giving it a strong wood character. In true pot still style, an initial taste gives off smooth mouth-coating barley followed by notes of green apple and citrus.
To perfectly serve this incredible whiskey, simply fill a glass with ice and enjoy. The smooth and citrusy flavours speak for themselves...
Awarded ‘Best Whiskey in the World’ at the IWSC, it's no surprise that this is the world’s best selling single pot still Irish whiskey.
It was recently given a refreshed look to highlight Redbreast’s strong heritage. Drawn by illustrator Denise Nestor, bottles will now feature the Robin Redbreast dynamically brought to life in different flight positions across the range.
And to make a stunning Redbreast Highball, here's what you'll need to do:
- Gather your ingredients: 50ml Redbreast, 120ml soda/sparkling water, long block ice and signature garnish
- Fill a highball glass with the block of ice
- Add Redbreast and soda/sparkling water
- Top with Signature Garnish: an orange peel curled over a cocktail stick speared with 3 raisins sitting on top of the highball glass.
€70 down from €75 (save €5)
This single pot still whiskey, aged in chestnut casks, is a combination of what Midleton have always done and what they’ve never tried before. It’s not often they stray from the traditional oak, but one sip suggests it was well worth it.
With this whiskey, enjoy a delicious Sea No Evil cocktail. Here's how to make it:
- Gather your ingredients: 50ml Method & Madness Single Pot Still Irish Whiskey, 20ml seaweed & parsley syrup*, 10ml gooseberry juice, soda
- *Seaweed & Parsley Syrup: Blanch 50g each of flat parsley and seaweed. Transfer to a blender with 300g each of sugar and cold water, plus 2.5g ascorbic acid.
- Build with cubed ice and flat-leaf parsley. Garnish with curly parsley and sliced gooseberries.
To find out more about what other amazing whiskeys are on offer during the O'Briens Whiskey Sale, head to obrienswine.ie.